Ethel Barbara Tuck Graduate Scholarship in Education
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support to a student pursuing a Master's degree in the Faculty of Education and who is seeking improved skills in working with children or youth who experience reading difficulties.
- The Ethel Barbara Tuck Graduate Scholarship in Education is awarded annually and will be valued at a portion of earned income on the Endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- a Master's degree program registration at Simon Fraser University in the Faculty of Education with a focus on teaching children or youth experiencing reading difficulties
- intention to practice as a teacher specializing in remedial reading
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the Application for a Private Graduate Scholarship form and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise one-page outline of the proposed program of studies
- The completed recommendation and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR082