Events and Conferences
Income Tax Workshop for International Students
If you’re a new international graduate student, you need to learn how the Canadian tax system applies to you.
SFU International Services for Students is hosting a speaker from Canada Revenue Agency to do a hands-on workshop for all international students on how to file taxes.
- Date: Thursday February 23, 2012
- Time: 10:30am - 12:20pm or 1:30pm - 3:20pm (select 1 session)
- Location: MBC 2292, Burnaby campus
Pre-registration is not necessary for this free workshop. If you need assistance, the SFU Accounting Students Association also runs a free Income Tax Filing Service, run by CRA-trained volunteers.
Because you asked, we've also provided a brief overview of the Canadian tax system - see Income Taxes for International Graduate Students.
Their other upcoming workshops for international students include:
- Obtaining a Temporary Resident Visa for your Travels: Wednesday, February 22, 4:30–5:30 pm, AQ 2013
- Your Employment Options: Monday, February 27, 11:30 am–12:30 pm, AQ 2013
Tags: events & conferences;