Matthew Macauley wins a top chemistry honour
Congratulations to recent SFU graduate Matthew Macauley (PhD 2010), who has received the 2011 Canadian Council of University Chemistry Chairpersons (CCUCC) Chemistry Doctoral Prize. This award is intended to recognize outstanding achievement and potential in research by a graduate student whose PhD thesis in chemistry was formally accepted by a Canadian university.
Matthew’s thesis supervisor at SFU was David Vocadlo. He’s now working as a post-doctoral fellow at the Scripps Research Institute with James Paulson.
He’ll be presenting his award lecture at the 2011 Canadian Society for Chemistry Conference & Exhibition in Montreal.
- Thesis: Insight into O-GlcNAc protein modification using chemical and biochemical tools
- CCUCC Chemistry Doctoral Award announcement
- Scripps Research Institute: Matthew Macauley
- CAZypedia: Matthew Macauley
- Department of Chemistry, SFU
- Chemical and Structural Biology Unit, SFU
- Supervisor: David Vocadlo