Tips and tricks
Resources for Parents
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are also parents have a large number of responsibilities, and often don't have as many opportunities to get together with their fellow students.
Graduate students have started a Facebook group for graduate student parents and their partners.
We're starting a new email list for graduate student parents, to allow you to connect virtually with other parents across the university, and to let us know what other kinds of resources you might need to support you. And yes, your partners/spouses are also welcome to subscribe to the list.
- To subscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line: subscribe gspd-parents
- To unsubscribe: Email email@example.com
- Use the subject line: unsubscribe gspd-parents
Resources for future and current student parents
Funding / Money
- TSSU Member Childcare Bursary (for TAs / TMs / Sessionals / ELC/ITP Instructors) (Full info in TSSU Collective Agreement, starting on page 64)
- Graduate Student Society Family Subsidy program (for graduate students). See also other GSS awards on that page.
- Canada Revenue Agency: Child and Family Benefits
- Finding jobs on campus
Daycare & Schools
- BC Childcare subsidy (eligibility / how to apply)
- SFU Childcare (Forms for the Emily Campbell Bursary Endowment Fund and SFU Daycare Bursaries are available at the SFU Childcare Society.)
- University Highlands Elementary School
- SFU Camps
Tags: tips & tricks