Clint Landrock, Applied Sciences, in the news
SFU Applied Sciences grad Clint Landrock has been making the news with an innovation that was developed in the course of his MASc research. His research has been profiled in many places, from a local news story in the Surrey Now to appearances on the Discovery Channel and CTV’s Canada AM show.
His research was into creating anti-counterfeiting features for banknotes and will have many more practical applications such as authenticating legal documents, retail merchandise, concert tickets, stock certificates, visas, passports, and pharmaceuticals.
SFU’s Venture Connections office helped him connect with Nanotech Security Corp. to bring this research to the market.
- Canada AM
- Vancouver Sun: SFU-linked company takes aim at counterfeiters with ‘nanoholes’
- Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet segment
- SFU Media Release: Butterfly wings behind anti-counterfeiting technology
- Surrey Now: Surrey Company developing high-tech security feature inspired by butterfly
- Nanotech Security Corp.
- SFU Venture Connections
- Clint Landrock profile page, Faculty of Applied Sciences, SFU
- Clint Landrock on Twitter