Events and Conferences
Event: Autism and Families
You're invited to a discussion series on Autism Spectrum Disorder and Family Quality of Life.
The Autism and Developmental Disorders Lab at SFU, together with the Laurel Foundation, is co-hosting 3 community events entitled, "ASD & Family Quality of Life Discussion Series."
The 3 themes will be Families and School, Families and Transitions, and Families and Mental Health. The aim of these events is to facilitate discussion among a range of stakeholders, including
individuals and their families, researchers, and professionals about important quality of life issues.
These events are FREE and open to the public, so please join us and bring your questions, ideas, and comments to what is sure to be a lively discussion!
During the events, they will also be giving families an opportunity to participate in their research.
Event #1: Family and Schools
Saturday, January 18, 2014, 1–4 pm
West Mall Complex 2200, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby
Spots are limited, so please RSVP at http://autismlab.psyc.sfu.ca/events
- Dr. Grace Iarocci, Associate Professor of Psychology, SFU
- Emily Gardiner, Doctoral Candidate, Psychology, SFU
- Dr. Pat Mirenda, Professor of Educational & Counseling Psychology, & Special Ed., UBC
- Amelia Poitras, Learning Support Teacher, Westcot Elementary School
- Jody Langlois, Assistant Superintendent, School District No. 48
- Evangeline Torres, Director, Learning Resource Centre, BC Christian Academy
- Colleen Fuller, Parent and Counselor, Laurel Foundation
Dates and times for the other 2 events are currently being finalized.
Tags: events and conferences