Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Umbrella Multicultural Health Co-op
Umbrella Multicultural Health Co-op is looking for a full time summer student to join their team.
The group is a cooperative that provides health care services that are appropriate in language and culture to individuals from refugee, immigrant, migrant and newcomer communities.
Role: Admin/Office Assistant
- Manage patient and client files and records
- Assist patients with processing and filing medical claims
- Assist with booking and coordinating transportation, language and cultural support for clients' follow-up and specialist appointments
- Support day-to-day office administrative tasks
- Support staff and volunteers in fundraising, public relations, community development and more!
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee (granted protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
- Full time student during the previous academic year and returning to school full time in next academic year
- Between the ages of 15–30
Preference will be given to candidates who speak a second language and/or have lived experiences of migration.
Start date: As soon as possible
If you have questions or want to send in your applications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org