Events and Conferences
Events and Conferences: Relay for Life at SFU
You are invited to participate in SFU's Relay for Life cancer fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society.
The Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 12-hour overnight fundraising event that brings you and your community together to celebrate life and fight cancer. The Relay has a festival-like atmosphere that your family, friends and co-workers can enjoy regardless of age or fitness level.
Two SFU graduate students are inviting you to the event, and say: "We hope you'll join the team for this noble and really important cause. The amount does not matter but its the gesture that matters. Together we can and we will fight cancer."
The Canadian Cancer Society is the biggest cancer fighting society in Canada, and each and every dollar donated by you is used in the aid of cancer patients and survivors.
As a participant in the event, you will receive:
- Free "Relay for Life" t-shirt
- Free luminary
- Free food during the entire event
- Entertainment events such as Dance, DJ, Bollywood performance, Sumo Wrestling, Puppy therapy, Karaoke and many more..
To join in the evening, or donate — or both — please visit our fundraising page:
- Scroll down and look for Team Name: "Beedie Fight for Cancer" with Team Captain Mr. Ishaan Deb.
- Click on the JOIN or DONATE now tab on the right and you will be taken to the page where you can register by donating $15 using your credit card.
It's not just about fundraising. We are sure you will enjoy the evening. UBC and SFU are both conducting their separate relays and hence we urge you not to let SFU fall behind in terms of participation and fundraising.
Venue: SFU Burnaby Campus, West Gym
Date: Friday, March 6, 2015
Time: 7 pm to 7 am (Overnight event and you can stay as long as you wish during the event.)
It's your turn to pass the baton. Tell your friends and family about Relay For Life!