Job and Volunteer Postings
Fall 2015 Student Jobs
Students who are looking for on-campus jobs in the fall term should begin looking now, as the hirings are done over the summer months.
This page will be continuously updated through the summer term. Many more jobs will be added through July and August. They'll be marked with *NEW* until other jobs are added above them. To be listed on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See links below for how to apply.
- *NEW* GSS Administrative Assistant, $23.54/hr, apply by September 16
- GSS Electoral Committee stipended volunteer, $250–350, apply by September 7
- Library Assistant 2 (up to 4 positions), apply by August 19
- Library Assistant 3 (up to 8 positions), apply by August 17
- Part-time RA in Digital Storytelling, Faculty of Education, apply by August 14
- Clerk, Chemistry Department, apply by August 12
- Graduate Student Writing Facilitator - Apply by September 4
- Alumni Annual Appeal Student Fundraiser, $10.50 per hour, plus cash bonuses and prizes. Applications accepted until all positions are filled.
- Starbucks baristas and staff for new cafeteria in Discovery 1. Job fair on Thursday, August 6. Follow SFU Dining Services on Twitter for updates.
- SFSS Student Union Resource Office Outreach Worker, apply by August 18
- SFU Vancouver IT Services Tech 5 (up to 10 positions), apply by August 10
- SFU Surrey Library Tech 4 (5–6 positions), apply by August 10
- Library Assistant 3 (up to 3 positions), apply by August 10
- Library Clerk 1 (up to 20 positions), apply by August 10
- Communications Specialist, Blue Dot, David Suzuki Foundation, apply by August 12. (See also: Communications Intern, Digital Strategy Coordinator, other positions)
- Sustainable SFU Directors for Grant and Fund Development Officer and Treasurer. Volunteer leadership positions, nominations due by August 9.
- Residences Guest Accommodations On-Call Representative. For students who live in one of the Residences.
- Database Developer and Bioinformatics Software Developer, Brinkman Lab
- Research Assistant at Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, apply by August 16
- Faculty of Health Sciences Research Assistant, part-time, position open until filled
- Research Assistant, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, $25–$28/hour, 188 hours total, apply by August 16
- TA/TM/Sessional job postings (application deadlines vary by department)
- SFU Dining Services
- SFU Temp Pool and Student Temp Pool
- SFU Recreation Services openings
- SFU Athletics paid and volunteer opportunities
- SFU Work Study application period open July 7–25 for students who qualify for financial aid: Undergrads | Grad students
See also: How to find a job on campus
Tags: tips & tricks