Events and Conferences
2016 Canadian Student Health Research Forum
An invitation is once again extended on behalf of the Canadian Student Health Research Forum (CSHRF) to all Canadian faculties offering graduate programs in the Health Sciences to select their top 5% of PhD students to participate in this event.
Entering its 29th year, the 2016 Canadian Student Health Research Forum will take place on June 7 to 9, 2016 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This forum is a valuable opportunity for Health Research trainees in all fields at the doctoral level (PhD) from across Canada to present their work, to network and be recognized for the excellence of their contributions.
The forum will feature a judged research poster exhibition, awards of excellence, tours of unique research facilities, and student-led social events as well as a cross-disciplinary symposium on "Patterns of Health: A Population Perspective" where some of the world's leading scientists in the field will present their work.
What CSHRF will provide:
- CSHRF has secured support and resources to provide students who attend with complimentary registration to the Forum which includes the (judged) poster presentation, social amenities, tours, and Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) awards of excellence and nomination for fully-funded participation in the next relevant Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting. As well, through our ongoing partnership with CIHR, there will be funding available for many of the students' travel-related costs (further details regarding this will be available in the near future).
What CSHRF is asking from the Canadian Institutions:
- Each faculty is requested to identify the students in health sciences programs such as medicine, nursing, basic sciences, medical rehabilitation, dentistry, pharmacology, etc., who would qualify for participation (i.e., the top 5% of their PhD students and whose research would be relevant to the breadth of programs funded by the CIHR). In addition, we would appreciate institutions to consider funding the travel and accommodations of their students who do not receive CIHR funding to attend (as per previous years' arrangements).
Please submit your nominations using the instructions below by March 15, 2016.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations:
- Select your top 5% of PhD students in the health sciences such as medicine, nursing, basic sciences, medical rehabilitation, dentistry, pharmacology, etc., using the process you have in place for the recognition of excellence in your institution.
- Complete the Participant Selection Form. Please submit your nominations by March 15, 2016.
- Send all nominated students to the CIHR National Competition Application Form to register for CSHRF. The application form must also be completed by March 15, 2016.
- Once all applications have been received, CIHR will select the students who will receive funding to cover their travel-related costs.
For more information on the 2016 CSHRF, please click here.