The Centre for Health and Social Research (CHaSR) is a dynamic and contemporary research centre based out of the Australian Catholic University. Our mission is to work with Australian communities to improve their health and wellbeing through research that has a direct and sustainable impact.
We offer postgraduate scholarship opportunities for PhD candidates, involving $30,000 per annum for 3 yearsto work on projects in one of the following areas:
• Changing social norms about (excessive) alcohol consumption
• The role of new digital technologies in alcohol-related harm
• Engaging people with disabilities in health promoting behaviours
• Social marketing in disadvantaged and marginalised communities
• Exploring the nature and effects of controversial advertising (alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals, infant formula)
• Stigma as a barrier to help-seeking for alcohol and other drug problems
• Reasons for and pathways into alcohol and other drug treatment
• The relationship between how services are organised and who succeeds in alcohol and other drug treatment
• Non-government organisations and new public management
• Mechanisms that support community action to improve health and well-being
Feel free to contact us to explore becoming part of the team.
Prof Sandra Jones
+613 9953 3709