Scholarships and awards
External Award: Postdoctoral Research at IIASA
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) provides full funding for several postdoctoral researchers each year. Scholars are expected to conduct their own research in collaboration with one or more of IIASA's research programs or special projects in an interdisciplinary way. Postdoctoral positions, up to two years in duration, typically start between October and January.
IIASA is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century. Programs with available postdoctoral placements include:
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Evolution and Ecology
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English. Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization and who have held a doctoral degree for less than 5 years at the application deadline.
Accepted candidates are offered:
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg, Austria
- Limited support for monthly business travel
- A scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ €39 000). It is exempt from taxation in Austria, but subject to the principle of income aggregation.
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
The application deadline is October 1, 2016. For more details please visit IIASA.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;