Scholarships and awards
External Award: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Music-related Body Motion
A postdoctoral research fellowship on the topic of “music-related body motion” is now available at the Department of Musicology, University of Oslo.
The fellowship is part of the project "MICRO - Human Bodily Micromotion in Music Perception and Interaction" funded by the Research Council of Norway. The project will investigate how music influences what we might call "micromotion", the smallest controllable and perceivable human body motion. Central to the project is a series of observation studies and lab experiments on people's spontaneous motion to music. The project will also focus on the development of interactive music systems based on human micromotion. It is therefore preferable that applicants have knowledge and skills in one or more of the following: music cognition, motion capture, statistics of time-series, machine learning, interactive computer music.
- A PhD degree in musicology, psychology, computer science, human movement science, or similarly related fields that offer a solid foundation for further research into the area of music-related body motion. The applicant is required to document that the degree corresponds to the profile for the post. The final degree needs to be confirmed by the time of appointment.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Salary level 57 - 65 (483,400 – 560,700 NOK per year, depending on qualifications)
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application form, preferably in pdf-format:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications and unpublished works
- Project description that fits within the aims of the larger project (approximately 3-5 pages, see Template for project descriptions). The project description must present a feasible progress plan. It is expected that the applicant will be able to complete the project during the period of appointment
Applications are due by August 31, 2016. For more details please see here.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;