Scholarships and awards
External Award: Queen Elizabeth Scholars Program
The Queen Elizabeth Scholars program is inviting Canadian universities to submit multi-year project proposals seeking funding of up to $500,000 CAD for projects of up to four years. This round of awards is financed by IDRC and SSHRC.
- Projects will support doctoral researchers, post-doctoral fellows and early career researchers from Canada and low and middle-income countries (LMICs) who are developing solutions to complex national and global challenges
- Research areas of focus: Agriculture and Food Security; Climate Change; Employment and Growth; Food, Environment, and Health; Foundations for Innovation; Governance and Justice; Maternal and Child Health; and Networked Economies.
- Eligible projects will demonstrate a partnership between a Canadian university and an institution in a low or middle income country and if available at the time of application, will include information on the research placement partner(s)
- The research placement partner(s) may be located in either Canada or the LMIC.
- Application Deadline: November 25 2016 at 4pm EST
- For more information see attached FAQs and Application Guidelines. Or click here.
SFU's submission is being coordinated by SFUi International Community Engagement. If you have questions or are interested in putting forward a proposal please send your expression by October 26th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;