Graduate Studies News
Application Fee Waiver for Applicants from Seven Banned Countries
NOTE: This information has been revised as of October 18, 2017 and the information below may no longer be applicable. Read more about the changes.
Simon Fraser University is an open and inclusive community of engaged scholars from many countries, backgrounds, and religions and we are committed to offering our support to those students whose plans have changed suddenly for reasons beyond their control.
As such, SFU will waive the admission application fee for undergraduate and graduate admissions for citizens from the seven countries affected by the U.S. travel ban: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, who are non-residents of Canada.
This waiver is available to:
- new applicants (those who submitted their applications after February 10, 2017)
- those who are currently studying in the United States who wish to transfer or to continue their education at SFU
For more information and application assistance for graduate programs (master's and PhDs):
- List of graduate programs at SFU
- Application Process
- Online Application System
- For graduate admissions questions, please email email@example.com
If you are an undergraduate student, please visit the Undergraduate Admission pages. If you have any questions about undergraduate admissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.