Job Posting: Research Assistant for the ASC! Project
SFU's International Centre of Art for Social Change is looking for an SFU Master's or PhD student Research Assistant for the Art for Social Change (ASC!) Project.
The ASC! Project brings together artists, scholars, students, and change makers from diverse public and private sectors across Canada to better understand how arts-based, participatory, community-engaged practices are evolving in Canada, as well as to provide information, opportunities for exchange, and resources for both practitioners and those interested to learn more about the field.
Research Assistant will:
- Connect with government and nonprofit sector funding agencies to gather data about recent funding levels for a variety of program types, and prepare a report on the findings
- Conduct follow-ups (mostly online surveys, with the possibility of some follow-up calls) with past research participants to gather data on how their participation has affected their day-to-day practice as artists, policy-makers, etc.
- Various as-needed tasks related to supporting the overall research project and helping the team to organize a national conference (scheduled for November, 2017)
- Enrolled as an SFU student
- Familiarity with working with quantitative data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently
- Ability to effectively summarize complex information
- Interest in the arts and culture sector and social change work
The Research Assistant will be working approximately 15 hours per week from May to August, 2017 at SFU Harbour Centre.
Tags: Job Postings;