Job Posting: Programs Manager for Embark
Embark is looking to hire a Programs Manager to provide leadership to volunteers and Coordinators in the Sustainability Peer Educator Program.
Embark is a student-led non-profit that provides resources that empower SFU students to be inspired changemakers in their communities. They offer grants, events, and training opportunities to students, operate a community garden and sustainability leadership program, and work with the university and elected officials to advance social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
One of the Programs Manager’s key responsibilities involves co-creating and leading the Sustainability Peer Educator Program (“Peer Program”) in conjunction with a SFU Sustainability Office staff member. Within this program the Programs Manager supports the Sustainability Projects Coordinator, whose responsibilities involve engaging the Peer Educators in sustainability project development and related skills, such as event planning and volunteer management.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate program
- Experience developing programs for sustainability outreach and advocacy
- Experience managing volunteers and providing guidance
- Ability to engage in and provide non-directive coaching
- Ability to develop and facilitate leadership programs
- Ability to professionally represent the organization in interactions with stakeholders throughout the university
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, administrative, research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Professional and context-appropriate online communication skills
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, online calendars, and email
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or web management is an asset
Tags: Job Postings;