Job Posting: Research Assistants in School for International Studies
The School for International Studies is seeking research assistants to work part time from April to September 2017. Successful applicants will work under the supevision of Dr. Nicole Jackson on a SSHRC funded project entitled "Russia and New Patterns of Conflict: Ramification for NATO Policy and Action and Implications for Canada".
There are two positions with each working on a specific focus:
- The first position will compile academic and policy literature on NATO policies and responses to Russia, identify gaps in the literatures and assess the quality of the literature
- The second will compile literature on "the state of knowledge" about Canada's role in NATO (and specifically in relation to Russia's actions)
Please note that there may be some flexibility in terms of hours as well as possible further employment opportunities to help with interviews, workshop organization, and travel to Ottawa. Renumeration will be $5000 for each position for 10 hours per week.
These positions are open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Applicants should preferably have the following skills and knowlege:
- Proven and superior research and writing skills, and computer skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, to be organized, and to work independently
- Knowledge of Russia and NATO will be necessary for the first position. The second assistant will have knowledge of Canadian foreign policy and Canada-NATO relations. Both should however be interested in outlining policy options.
To apply, please send a paragraph explaining your interest with your relevant experience, CV and SFU transcript, and references if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st.
Tags: Job Postings;