Job Posting: Research and Project Support with Gathering Voices
Gathering Voices Society (GVS) is seeking a research and project development associate for a four-month term to assist with an upcoming project centering around First Nations ecosystems management and market-based instruments, including Payments for Ecosystem Services.
GVS is a Vancouver-based charity that builds practical livelihood solutions for Aboriginal Canadians and mobilizes these solutions to the broader public. GVS is focused on advancing First Nations ecosystems management and stewardship programs in British Columbia, starting with a pilot project in Clayoquot Sound. The aim is to then advance these programs more broadly across Canada by developing an online knowledge sharing network.
The successful candidate will assist senior staff in preparing materials and conducting community workshops in Clayoquot Sound. The role will be based in Vancouver but will require a maximum of three trips to Clayoquot Sound during the summer. This role will also involve grant-writing to support later stages of the project, and supporting GVS social media presence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree or current enrolment in a post-secondary program focused on economics, public policy, First Nations and Indigenous studies, forestry, environmental sciences, law or a related discipline.
- An awareness of the legal and policy framework for land and resource management in BC.
- An understanding of ecosystems management and Payments for Ecosystems Services.
- Research and writing skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Experience working with First Nations and awareness of cultural protocols.
- Knowledge of social media marketing platforms is an asset.
- Experience in grant-writing is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic web-development platforms (e.g. Squarespace) is an asset.
Tags: Job Postings;