Job Posting: MITACS Accelerate Industrial Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Recent doctoral graduates are encourged to apply to an immediate opportunity for a 2-year MITACS Accelerate Industrial Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF). This position will work with the Membrane Team in Ballard's Research Department and SFU to conduct research in proton exchange membran (PEM) and membrane electrode assembly (MEA) durability.
- Conduct a research project focused on improving PEMFC membrane durability predictive capability for field operated commercial products.
- Carry out experimental measurements and empirical modeling of membrane durability, with a strong focus on mechanical fatigue, accelerated testing, and ex-situ failure studies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of, critically analyze, and summarize related fuel cell membrane literature.
- Analyze, interpret and summarize test data.
- Work effectively within a research team of scientists and research engineers to accomplish technical objectives.
- Troubleshoot instrument and equipment problems.
- Recent PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong background and experience in polymer mechanical properties, fatigue-fracture, analysis techniques, and fundamentals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong hands-on capabilities and aptitude.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and supervise students and technicians.
- Experience with PEM fuel cell research, chemistry and electrochemistry, fuel cell testing and cyclic voltammetry, impedance, and other analtyical tools/methods will be a strong asset.
- Hold a doctoral degree related to the project
- Have completed your doctoral degree within the last five years
Tags: Job Postings;