Job Posting: ASC! Project Research Assistant
SFU's International Centre of Art for Social Change is looking for an SFU Master's or PhD student as a Fall semester Research Assistant for their Art for Social Change (ASC!) Project.
The ASC! Project brings together artists, scholars, students, and change makers from diverse public and private sectors across Canada to better understand how arts-based, participatory, community-engaged practices are evolving in Canada, as well as to provide information, opportunities for exchange, and resources for both practitioners and those interested to learn more about the field.
- Disseminate project updates to the public via social media, including posting blogs, resources, and social media content
- Populate, maintain, and update ASC!/ICASC website content via Drupal CMS
- Assist with development and publication of ASC! online resources
- Online community building and engagement with other social change organizations
- Maintain databases of art for social change organizations
- Support Community Liaison and other ASC! Team members as needed
- Ability to effectively summarize complex information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across media (from FB & Twitter to academic communications)
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Interest in the arts and culture sector and social change work across Canada
- Availability to work at The Art of Changing the World, their capstone event, in Ottawa November 2-6 (travel expenses will be covered by the ASC! Project)
- Experience with managing social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and Drupal an asset
This is a part-time position with an average of 15 hours per week.
The application deadline is Sunday, July 30, 2017. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and copy of your transcript (an unofficial transcript is fine) to Dr. Tracey Leacock at email@example.com.
For the full job description, please see the attached below.
Tags: Job Postings;