Scholarships and Awards
External Award: CERN Fellowship Programme
The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) Fellowship Program is addressed to graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering, with limited or no work experience.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate State. However, a limited number of positions are also available to young scientists from Non-Member States with a Senior profile.
- You have graduated or are about to graduate with a university degree (BSc level or above) or a technical engineer qualification. NB: Applicants who are currently preparing a diploma are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
- Either, you have a MSc level diploma or above with no more than 10 years relevant experience (PhD studies are counted as relevant experience); or you have no more than a BSc or a technical engineer diploma with a maximum of 4 years relevant experience. In both cases, experience is only counted from the time the highest diploma is obtained.
- If applying in experimental or theoretical physics fields, you have a PhD or are about to finish your thesis.
- Non-Member State candidates seeking a postdoc in Theoretical Physics should apply for the Non-Member State Postdoc Fellowship Programme (Theoretical Physics).
There are two levels of Fellowship within the programme:
- The Senior Fellowship Programme, addressed to people with a Ph.D. or at least four years of experience after the MSc diploma (or equivalent diploma which has given access to doctoral programmes). In both cases, there is a maximum limit of ten years of experience after the MSc diploma.
- The Junior Fellowship Programme, for holders of at least a Technical Engineer degree (or equivalent) and at most a MSc degree (or equivalent) with not more than 4 years of experience. Please note that the Junior Fellowship programme is only open to nationals of CERN Member States.
The application deadline is September 4, 2017. For more information on the program and how to apply, please click here.
Tags: Scholarships and Awards