Job Posting: Research Associate in Medical Genetics
The Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics at the University of British Columbia is looking for a full-time Research Associate in Medical Genetics. This position’s primary focus in the lab will be to lead and participate in projects focused on investigating molecular mechanisms of Huntington disease pathogenesis and developing novel therapeutics. The position will also instruct and supervise technicians and mentor trainees.
- Providing supervision and mentorship of laboratory staff and trainees
- Performing regular reviews of the relevant literature
- Planning and designing of projects and experiments
- Analyzing, interpreting and compiling data in study reports, presenting results, and participating in the preparation of scientific manuscripts and grant application packages
- Collaborating with internal group leaders and external stakeholders to further research
- Management of multiple interdisciplinary collaborations with academic institutions and industry, locally, nationally and internationally
- PhD degree in the biosciences
- At least 5 years of postdoctoral experience in studies related to biosciences
- Extensive knowledge of neuroscience, molecular biology, and genetics
- Experience in cell and molecular biology, cell/tissue culture and histology techniques
- Experience in behavioral studies and rodent surgeries
- Experience working with animal models of disease
- Experience in neuroscience research techniques such as stereotaxic injection, AAV/lentiviral use, complex survival procedures, terminal tissue and sample collection with expertise in cerebrospinal fluid collection, mouse brain immunohistochemistry
- Experience in brain tissue microdissection and CSF collection would be an asset
Applicants should submit their cover letter, CV, and references to Dawn Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please see the PDF below.
Tags: Job Postings;