Job Posting: ISTLD RA on Mindfulness, Stress Reduction, and Focus
SFU's Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD) invites applications for a Research Assistant appointment for the Teaching and Learning Development Grant project “Mindfulness, Stress Reduction, and Focus” to begin late August and end in January or February 2018.
This project will investigate student perceptions of stress and focus in two English courses, one a highstress quantitative analysis course and the other a low-stress popular elective, in relation to brief instructor-led mindfulness sessions.
- Assisting in literature review
- Assisting in the design of survey, state-sampling, and reflection instruments
- Adding survey instruments to Canvas
- Maintaining a database of student responses: data coding, entry, and analysis for surveys, state-sampling, and reflections
- Summarizing of reflections and analysis of student responses
- Assistance compiling final report
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at SFU, either at the MA or PhD level
- Experience with basic qualitative and quantitative data analyses, experience summarizing statements and collating data
- Experience with instrument design (especially surveys and self-reflection tools)
- Ability to undertake literature reviews in disciplines beyond own research area
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
Tags: Job Postings;