Scholarships and awards
External Award: Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program
The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program is the Smithsonian Institution’s centrally-funded flagship fellowship program. SI Fellowships are awarded annually to scholars wishing to conduct independent study or research at one or more of the Smithsonian’s 19 units and research centers.
The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program is open to:
- Graduate Students
- Predoctoral Students
- Postdoctoral Researchers and
- Senior Researchers
The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship award amounts are as follows:
- Graduate Student Fellowship: $7000 for 10 weeks (Graduate student fellowships are offered for ten weeks and are not available for periods of less or more than ten weeks. Research allowances are not offered for graduate student fellowships.)
- Predoctoral Student Fellowship: $32,700 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
- Postdoctoral Researcher Fellowship: $48,000 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
- Senior Researcher Fellowship: $48,000 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
Fellows in earth/planetary sciences and conservatory sciences are eligible to receive up to $5,000.00 over the amounts above.
Stipends for all fellowships other than graduate students are pro-rated for periods of less than twelve months.
The application deadline is December 1, 2017. For more details and to apply please visit the Smithsonian.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;