Job Posting: Analytical Chemist for SWITCH Materials
SWITCH Materials Inc. is looking to hire a skilled and experienced Analytical Chemist to work in its Research and Development team. SWITCH is a small and innovative technology company in the process of developing and commercializing a switchable film for use in automotive applications.
The Analytical Chemist will work within SWITCH’s Research and Development team to support and accelerate the commercialization of products based on SWITCH’s proprietary materials.
- Working with QC and formulation teams to develop methodologies and perform analytical chromatography and other analytical experiments to both determine incoming raw material specifications and to develop methods and QC documents
- Working with SWITCH’s synthetic chemistry team to help elucidate weathering degradation mechanisms through identification of degradation products using analytical chromatography and other analytical techniques
- Anticipating, recognizing and resolving complex technical issues through job knowledge and use of technical resources, including technical literature, experts and well-formulated, logical experimentation
- Advancing the technical capabilities of the department by evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies to meet business needs
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in Analytical Chemistry and experience in Analytical R&D, or natural products or related field, with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in science or related field with 2-5 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in standard office software and wide analytical experience in test method development, validation, and troubleshooting, liquid chromatography
- In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with method development for HPLC, LC-MS systems
- Extensive experience with method validation and transfers for analytical methods
- Ability to perform routine maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of equipment for High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Mass Spectrometers (MS) and other analytical equipment (including Gas Chromatography (GC) and viscometer systems)
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternatives and solutions for a range of complex problems. Solutions require creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration, considering a broad range of potential impacts, including those that are downstream
- The ability to start with limited lead-time, preferably within the month of August 2017
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Analytical Chemist” in the subject line. In your cover letter please indicate the date you would be available to start.
For more information, please see the full job posting in the attached below.
Tags: Job Postings;