Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Indian Oil-Simon Fraser University Canada PhD Fellowship
Indian nationals are invited to apply for the Indian Oil-Simon Fraser University Canada PhD Fellowship as part of SFU's collaboration with Indian Oil on hydrogen and fuel cell tech research announced in 2014. Under the partnership, Indian Oil is providing a fellowship towards the SFU PhD program which will allow Indian citizens to spend one year at SFU and a further three years at Indian Oil’s R&D Centre. SFU will provide a stipend and tuition award during the year at SFU.
Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial course and research work at SFU and subsequently 3 years of PhD Research work in India. The registration at SFU shall commence in May 2018. All selected applicants would be required to register for and fulfill the requirements for a PhD at SFU. They will receive a 100% tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to of CAD 13,000 to support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
The Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required VISA overseas insurance, and bear all such expenses including travel cost to and from Canada.
- Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry or Electrochemistry or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering
- The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level in First Class scoring above 65% marks in the final exams
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship
- The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on August 31, 2017
- Candidates will be required to fulfill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Engineering or Science
Tags: Scholarships and Awards;