Faculty of Applied Sciences
External Award: Google Techmakers Scholarship for Women in Computing Science
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2018-2019 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's academic background and demonstrated leadership and impact on community. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars' Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2018 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of development workshops.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in, or accepted as, a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply. For questions, please email WTMScholars@google.com.
To apply, please submit general background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions), current resume, academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree), two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor and responses to four essay questions via the online application portal by December 11th, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT.
For additional information about this scholarship and how to apply, please visit the Google Scholars website.