External Award: NSERC Foreign Study Supplement in Taiwan
Foreign Study Supplements in Taiwan provide graduate students in the natural sciences and engineering with first-hand research experience in an international setting. The award consists of an eight-week travel period during the summer months, starting at the end of June. Students will receive approximately $3900 CAD to cover travel and living expenses while abroad.
To be eligible to apply:
- you must hold an active NSERC postgraduate scholarship (PGS), Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) or Vanier CGS; or
- your academic supervisor must hold an active NSERC Discovery Grant, Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) Grant or Strategic Partnership Grant; and
- you must be pursuing studies in natural sciences or engineering or both.
To remain eligible during the research study period abroad, you must:
- be registered full-time in a graduate research studies program at a Canadian institution for the duration of your research study period in Taiwan;
- take up the award in the same year as receiving the notice of award;
- return to complete your degree at your Canadian institution;
- agree to the Terms and Conditions of Applying Form.
Please contact email@example.com to obtain the application form and instructions. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Foreign Study Supplements in Taiwan Application” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2018, but applications with be considered on a first-come first-serve basis. For more information about this opportunity, please visit the NSERC Foreign Study Supplement webpage or see the poster attached below.