Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Pre-Doctoral Fellowships for Indigenous Students at Queen's University
The Faculty of Arts and Science at Queen's University invites applications for Pre-Doctoral Fellowships for Indigenous Students.
These 1-year Fellowships are open to Indigenous students enrolled in a PhD program and working on doctoral research in the creative arts, humanities, social sciences or natural and physical sciences at an accredited university other than Queen's University. Beginning July 1, 2018, the award includes a $34,000 annual stipend, as well as wages for teaching and funds for research & conferences.
Candidates must have completed all doctoral degree requirements except the final doctoral project (e.g. dissertation). They will be expected to compete their doctoral project during their tenure as a Fellow to receive their degree from their home institution. The Fellowship holder is required to relocate to Kingston while completing their research in order to teach one course in the Faculty of Arts and Science and contribute to intellectual life at Queen's University.
Candidates for the Fellowship must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- self-identify as Indigenous
- be registered in a PhD program in the creative arts, humanities, social sciences or natural and physical sciences at an accredited university other than Queen’s
- have completed the degree requirements necessary to identify them as in an advanced stage of research or writing on an approved doctoral research topic
- demonstrate exceptional academic merit and a commitment to advancing Indigenous issues, histories and/or ways of knowing
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is April 1, 2018.