Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Foreign Government Awards Program - Korea, 2018-2019
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students with the aim of promoting international exchanges in education, as well as mutual friendship between participating countries.
This year, the Government of the Republic of Korea will offer three graduate level scholarships to Canadian candidates for study in South Korea under this program.
- be a Canadian citizen. Neither the applicant nor their parents can hold Korean citizenship;
- be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2018;
- hold or must be expecting to hold an undergraduate or Master’s degree by August 31, 2018;
- not have completed an undergraduate, a Master’s, or a doctoral degree program in South Korea. Applicants who are current scholarship recipients or alumni of the Korean Government Scholarship Program or who have been enrolled at Korean universities as an exchange student are eligible;
- have a minimum of an (A-) average from the previously attended institution. Applicants who are current scholarship recipients or alumni of the Korean Government Scholarship Program must have an (A+) average from the previously attended institution;
- select the university and the subject of study from the list of eligible universities and programs designated by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED). Applicants must select three desired universities as well as fields of study. To consult the list, visit the 2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for Graduate Degrees Application Guidelines; and
- be in good health, both mentally and physically to complete the program of study successfully.
Priority may be given to candidates who have certified scores on their proficiency in Korean or who apply for studies in natural sciences and engineering. Previous recipients who withdrew from the scholarship program after receiving the award are not eligible to apply.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018
Learn more about the terms and conditions as well as how to apply from the Government of Canada website.
Tags: Scholarships and Awards;