Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Graduate SPOR Fellowship
About Graduate SPOR Fellowship | $10,000 (Thesis-based Master's) or $15,000 (PhD)
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) has developed provincial partnerships to support patient-oriented research with expertise, resources and knowledge. In British Columbia (BC), the BC SUPPORT (Support for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials) Unit is a multi-partner organization dedicated to increasing the quantity and quality of patient-oriented research. It is one of 10 SUPPORT Units across Canada. Within the BC SUPPORT Unit, there is a provincial hub located in Vancouver, which coordinates activities across BC and provides services to the Vancouver region. There are also four Regional Centres, located in other regional health authority areas (Fraser, Interior, Northern, and Vancouver Island). The Fraser Regional Centre is sponsoring this Fellowship.
The Fellowship provides opportunities for individuals enrolled in a thesis-based Master’s or PhD program at Simon Fraser University to receive training in patient-oriented research.
To be eligible, applicants:
- may be Canadian Citizens, permanent residence or international students
- must be enrolled in, or accepted to, a graduate program at Simon Fraser University and be undertaking or planning to undertake health-related thesis research
- must be registered as a full-time, regular (not on-leave) student for the duration of the fellowship and must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50. In exceptional cases, other evidence of outstanding ability may outweigh this criterion
- must have a patient-oriented project, situated within the Fraser Region, as part of their research plan
- may be entering their first or second year of graduate studies in either September of the competition year (2018/19) or January of the award year (2019)
- must have an identified Senior Supervisor for the duration of the Fellowship
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;