Scholarships and Awards
External Award: Azrieli Fellows Program
The Azrieli Foundation has launched The Azrieli Fellows Program to welcomes scholars who wish to undertake postdoctoral research in Israel.
The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields. Aspects of leadership abilities and community engagement are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
- The Azrieli Fellows Program is currently open to scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens OR who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
- Scholars may undertake postdoctoral research in any field of study.
- Candidates may apply at an early stage of their professional career and no later than four years after conferral of their PhD Diploma.
- Candidates must not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position.
- Scholars may apply in the last year of the PhD with a letter from the supervisor stating that the candidate will receive the doctorate by the summer. If the PhD is incomplete by the stated time then the candidate will forfeit the fellowship.
- A candidate may reapply to the Azrieli Fellows Program if he or she is not accepted. Candidates will only be considered for reapplication one time.
- Scholars must have an academic sponsor who is a faculty member at one of the seven participating Israeli academic institutions.
Participating Israeli Institutions:
The Israeli institutions at which Azrieli Fellows may pursue their research are:
Bar-Ilan University | Ben-Gurion University | Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Tel Aviv University | The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | University of Haifa
Weizmann Institute of Science
How to Apply
- Visit the Azrieli Foundation website to apply online
- Candidates must obtain an academic sponsor who is a faculty member at one of the seven Israeli academic institutions. For available postdoctoral positions and potential sponsors see here. The academic sponsor should provide the candidate with a letter of support confirming acceptance and sponsorship of the candidate and illustrating his or her interest in actively collaborating on the candidate’s research while in Israel.
- Candidates must have two additional letters of reference from those familiar with their academic background. These letters should speak to the candidate’s excellent academic performance and personal achievements. Once candidates have entered the referee contact details into the online application, the referees will receive an automatic email with instructions for submitting their recommendations.
Deadline for online application submissions is Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
See more postdoctoral positions currently available in Israel on Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities websites.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards