Job and Volunteering Postings
Job Posting: Indigenous Education Resource Teacher
The Burnaby School District is seeking a skilled and dynamic individual to be a member of the Indigenous Education Team that provides enhancement services to students of Indigenous ancestry.
Start Date: as soon as possible
End Date: June 30, 2019
Deadline: 4:00 PM, Oct 26, 2018
Preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry.
- Work collaboratively with school, District and Indigenous Education staff to enhance the learning environment for Indigenous students K-7.
- Develop, plan and implement instructional activities and direct programming to students of Indigenous ancestry in K-7.
- Provide ongoing leadership, advocacy and support for Indigenous learners, as well as Indigenous Education initiatives.
- 2 years successful teaching experience in regular programs is preferred
- Extensive experience working with and engaging Indigenous communities, parents and/or youth.
- Knowledge of the revised BC Curriculum, K-7, including a thorough understanding of Indigenous perspectives within the curriculum.
- Post-Secondary coursework designed to create understanding of Indigenous people’s history and contemporary context.
Your application should include your resume, cover letter, three current references, a copy of your BC Teachers’ Certificate, a copy of your transcripts, a copy of your final practicum report, and should be submitted through their websites.
For more information, visit the online posting or see the job posting below: