Scholarships and awards
External Award: Joint Organization for the Study of Sex Differences and International Society of Gender Medicine Meeting 2019
The Institute of Gender and Health (IGH) is launching travel awards for graduate and postdoctoral students to attend the second joint meeting of the Organization for the Study of Sex Differences (OSSD) and the International Society of Gender Medicine (IGM). The meeting will take place May 5-8, 2019 in Washington DC, USA.
The Organization for the Study of Sex Differences (OSSD) is an international society composed of basic and clinical scientists of diverse backgrounds who aim to advance science from a sex and gender perspective.
The International Society for Gender Medicine (IGM) encourages and facilitates interdisciplinary research on sex and gender in basic and clinical frameworks. The IGM aims to establish and develop gender medicine in an international context by promoting sex-and gender-specific research in basic sciences, clinical medicine and public health.
IGH will provide travel awards for graduate and postdoctoral students to attend the second joint meeting of the OSSD and the IGMfrom May 5-8, 2019 in Washington DC, USA.
The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $100,000, enough to support at least 25 travel awards valued at up to $4,000 each.
- Travel award application deadline: January 14, 2019
- OSSD and IGM Joint Meeting: May 5-8, 2019
For an application to be eligible:
- The nominated principle applicant must be registered in a master’s or doctoral program OR be at the post-doctoral or post–health professional degree stage (graduate, post-doctoral fellow, resident);
- The Nominated Principal Applicant must be the first author on the abstract. Note that IGH Travel Awardee abstracts will be automatically accepted for presentation at the 2019 OSSD annual meeting;
- The nominated principle applicant must submit a certificate of completion for one of the online training modules developed by IGH. Applicants may complete whichever of the three modules is most relevant to them;
- At the time of application the nominated principle applicant must provide proof that they are registered at an eligible Canadian institution;
- The nominated principle applicant’s primary supervisor must provide a letter of support that explicitly states their support for the applicant’s travel to the 2019 OSSD/IGM meeting in Washington; and
- The nominated principle applicant must be either:
- A Canadians currently registered at an eligible Canadian institution; or
- A non-Canadian doing research within an eligible Canadian institution.
- The findings presented in the abstract must consider sex as a biological variable and/or gender as a socio-cultural determinant of health.
Application Form Checklist
Please email your application in a single document saved in PDF format, including
- Completed Application Form, signed and dated;
- Supplemental information (max 1 page);
- Curriculum vitae (max 5 pages);
- Electronic copy of your letter of support from your research supervisor, signed on institutional letterhead;
- Signed and dated Applicant Consent Form;
- Certificate of completion for the sex- and gender-based analysis online training module;
- All documents are compiled into a single PDF and saved in the following format: LastNameFirstName_OSSD2019_TravelApplication.pdf; and
- The full application must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on the date the application is due as indicated on the request for application.
For more information, visit the Travel Award website.
Tags: Scholarships & Awards;