SFU Co-operative Education is one of North America’s largest and most comprehensive Co-op Programs. It has a long and successful history of helping students find satisfying and fulfilling work in their chosen professions.

Did you know?

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if you are a full-time graduate student. Full guide.

Graduate programs with co-op work experience options

International students and co-op

International graduate students may also participate in co-op work experience but must have the appropriate co-op work permit and Canadian Social Insurance Number.

Co-op work terms and your income tax

Please be aware that when you are enroled only in a co-op practicum in a semester, that semester is not eligible for the months of education income tax credit.

Some students may be eligible to enrol in a class while also in co-op. Please contact the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies by email to gradstudies@sfu.ca if you require additional information.