Application Evaluation System (OASIS) - Update #3
PROGRESS IN MARCH
You may have noticed that we have a new working name for the project. OASIS stands for Online Application Submission Information System. Our team now has a full complement of developers and we are excited that development is already well under way.
The STAFF working group met in March to work on the requirements for the faculty adjudication component. The recurring theme was to make it as flexible as possible to accommodate the various needs of the academic units. The staff group is very pleased about what is being developed.
The FACULTY working group met during the last week of March to review mockups that simulate the pages of the faculty adjudication component. Response to the mockups was positive, again stressing flexibility as the key.
We are ready to take the demo version of the adjudication component to a larger audience. We are holding open demo sessions for faculty and staff at the times shown below. You are encouraged to attend and provide your feedback during these sessions.
Tuesday, April 17, 1:00 - 2:30 pm, Halpern Centre 126
Tuesday, April 3, 3:00 - 4:30 pm, SUR 3595
Wednesday, April 4, 3:00 - 4:30 pm, HC 2200
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Marilyn Dueckman or Nancy Petersen. You may also contact anyone from the working groups (see list below) to contribute your ideas.
Highlights of the new system:
- Provides configuration flexibility to accommodate the various business practices of each academic unit
- Includes secure online submission of documents by applicants, including unofficial transcripts.
- Includes secure online submission of reference letters and forms by referees
- Provides an easy-to-use interface that is intuitive and requires little or no training for faculty users
- Includes the ability to create custom forms for capturing department-specific information from applicants, referees and faculty reviewers
- Includes a large number of user-defined fields available at the academic unit level, so departments can include their own custom data in the views
Implementation remains targeted for November 1, 2012