Visiting Graduate Research Students


Visit the Government of Canada's International Scholarships site for information about opportunities for study and research in Canada (searchable by country of citizenship)

Related Awards*

*Some of the Government of Canada funding opportunities require nomination from Simon Fraser University.

If you qualify for any of these awards and wish to be considered for nomination, please complete the following steps:

  1. Establish a research agreement with a faculty member at SFU (see finding a supervisor)
  2. Complete the visiting research form and submit all required documents to the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies (see application process).
  3. Confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements and SFU's posted deadlines for the specific awards.
  4. If you qualify for nomination, please email by the deadline to allow us adequate time to provide your supporting documents.