We specialize in public engagement processes that create space for respectful and productive conversations between stakeholder groups, moving beyond “yes versus no” to allow for co-created solutions. Our team of engagement professionals understand the many factors that impact decision-making—such as public feedback, expert opinion and stakeholder needs—and add value to clients by helping to clarify the role of each in our work.
We offer a full slate of engagement services to support a wide range of objectives:
- Program design and implementation across the engagement lifecycle
- Visioning workshops to identify shared values and aspirations
- Generative dialogue to surface issues, opportunities and potential solutions
- Deliberative workshops to create informed recommendations to decision-makers
- Stakeholder roundtables and focus groups
- Background materials with infographics and approachable language
- Digital engagement through crowdsourcing, video, preference selection and deliberative tools
- Stakeholder mapping, outreach and accessibility planning
- Evaluation, outcomes reporting and feedback management
- Community capacity building and participatory design
- Engagement training and organizational development
Our dialogue-based approach has been tested in many different policy and decision-making contexts. Since 2007, the Centre for Dialogue has designed and facilitated more than 60 major public and stakeholder events, including highly scrutinized processes for government organizations such as The Province of British Columbia, Metro Vancouver, BC Hydro, and Vancouver Coastal Health.
Our methods are informed by leading industry standards such as those defined by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) and the National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation (NCDD).
Interested in working with us? Contact us to receive a quote.