Legal information websites
Here is a short list of websites that teachers and others working with children and youth will find helpful for finding law-related information
A new Public Legal Education Website that provides public legal education information and resources from 24 agencies covering a broad range of legal topics.
- Canadian Legal Information Institute
- Supreme Court of Canada
- BC Superior Courts
- Vancouver’s Downtown Community Court
- Courts of B.C. – Your Guide to the B.C. Court System
About the Justice System
- Access to Justice [Federal Department of Justice]
- Justice Education Society
- Law Connection
- BC Civil Liberties Association
- BC Courthouse Library Society
- B.C. Judicial System
- Legal Services Society of B.C.
- Immigrant Services Society of BC
- PovNet BC
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Immigrant Legal
- People's Law School A non-profit charitable society providing public legal education and information to people in British Columbia. The People's Law school offers free publications, plain language booklets, speakers, workshops, and offers The Justice Theatre program.
- Islamophobia Hotline The Islamophobia Legal Assistance hotline connects individuals who have experienced discrimination with free, confidential legal advice and information. Read more here.
- West Coast Environmental Law
- West Coast Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund
- British Columbia Real Estate Association
- BC Mediator Roster Society
- EGALE Canada (national organization that advances equality and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans-identified people and their families across Canada)
- JuriGlobe – World Legal Systems
- For children aged 5 to 12. And A Teen Guide to Parental Separation and Divorce
- Parenting After Separation Program
Links to environmental and sustainability topics/problems are found here - diverse websites that review environmental laws and practices, clean energy classroom initiatives, Canadian provincial and federal legislation, and Canadian case law.
Canadian federal and provincial statute links are listed in this last section on issues such as awareness of rights and respect of behaviour and others, boundaries within our society, acceptance and support of others, and engagement, support and promotion of community spirit.