Nomination Instructions for the 2019 Cmolik Prize
Before completing the online nomination form, check the eligibility of the individual or team you wish to nominate:
- be a Canadian Citizen
- be a Resident of BC
- have one additional nominator who is willing to share their first-hand knowledge of the Contribution (invention, innovation, concept, process) that has enhanced the public K-12 school system in BC. (Note: A nominator is permitted to seek another individual to also nominate the nominee OR the nominee will need to seek a second nominator in order to complete the competition process.)
- have personally developed a unique Contribution and have participated in some way with the implementation of this Contribution.
- complete the nominee form by November 30, 2018, Midnight (PST).
Note: If you are nominating a team, at least one member of a team MUST fully meet the eligibility criteria and must be the principal nominee for the team. Teams are limited to 6 people total (including the principal nominee).
Prizes will not be awarded for innovations in the design or development stage.
In order to successfully complete the Cmolik Prize nomination form you must:
- not be family-related to the nominee
- tell us about the nominee and why you are nominating them
- provide details about the nature of their Contribution including evidence that their Contribution enhances education practice and/or outcomes in the K–12 BC public school system.
*Upon nomination form submission, the nominee is sent an automated notification email, it is then the responsibility of the nominee to complete the nominee form and provide the information criteria in order to fully complete the competition process.
Only completed submissions will be considered for the Cmolik Prize. In order for a submission to be considered as "Complete" it must have met the following conditions:
- A completed Nominee Summary Form
- A completed Online Nominee Form
- Two completed Online Nomination Forms
- A high resolution photograph/headshot of the nominee and of each team member (if nominated as a team)
- All elements must be submitted no later than midnight, November 30, 2018.
The information provided below details how to complete the online nomination form. (Please note: Only completed online nominee forms and nomination forms will be accepted to midnight, November 30, 2018.)
Online nomination forms allow the user to start and save information to be completed later.
NOTE: In order to ensure your word counts are correct and that you do not experience a loss of the information you input should a technical error occur, it is advised that you complete the fields in a text document, then copy and paste your answers into each field when you are ready.
Section 1: Explain what your relationship is to the nominee (colleague, employer, etc.) (max. 500 words).
Section 2: Tell us who you are nominating for this prize and why (max 500 words for each section)
- Tell us about the nominee and why you are nominating them.
- Provide details of their Contribution including evidence of its impact in the K-12 BC public school system.
- Describe why you think this is an original Contribution.
- Describe how you think the Contribution might be replicated.
Section 3: Additional supporting documents
Additional supporting documents can be uploaded in this section of the nomination form up to a maximum of three (3) files. E.g. brochures, photos, videos. Acceptable formats include: pdf, jpeg, mp4, mov (maximum file upload size is 50MB).
Please ensure you use the following file naming convention when uploading any supplementary files to ensure that the Selection Committee reviews your uploads in your preferred sequential order.
Section 4: Nominee Contact Details
Provide the following information about the nominee so we can contact them:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address