Service to the Community
Local and National Activities
- Director, FORED BC a non-profit society which links informal and formal (public school) environmental educators (2004–present)
- University Liason, Environmental Educator’s PSA of the BCTF (EEPSA) (2003–2009)
- Chair, Canadian Network for Environmental Education and Communication (EECOM) (2009–2014)
- Member, North Vancouver Outdoor School Advisory Committee (2001–2013)
Faculty of Education international program development
- Developed the Memorandum of Understanding between SFU and Curtin University, Australia (supporting joint instruction).
- Developed and instructed the Indonesia Field School in Environmental and Ecological Education (Fall 2008 and Fall 2011)
- Consultant on the ADB funded project Preparing the Education Sector Development Program (Sri Lanka)
- Co-developed and instructed a six month program for the Brunei Ministry of Education, delivered at SFU with the TLC.
- Developed /presented a 4 day institute/short course for the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (Institut Aminuddin Baki), entitled: Managing Technological Change in Schools (Feb., 2002). Participants were high school principals and Ministry of Education officials.
- Developed /presented a 5 day short course (July 2001) on Learning Environments in Collaboration with Curtin University of Australia.