Engage with Us
Always ask the question: How is the community better? Add value in ways that are important and real.
- K. Magnusson, Dean of Education
SFU’s new vision as an “engaged university” provides a launch pad for our first institutional community engagement strategy with the goal of becoming Canada’s most community-engaged research university.
- Increase experiential learning opportunities
- Develop new programs for mature, returning and non-traditional students
- Improve access for under-represented communities
- Increase opportunities for alumni to be involved in undergraduate and graduate education
- Measure, communicate and celebrate
- Improve community access
- Leverage signature initiatives and support select integrated community engagement projects
Download the full report here.
For some background reports on SFU's community engagement, see the Community Engagement Background Reports below:
- Strengthening community engagement at Simon Fraser University: Key resources and models for success, examples from Canada and abroad, and recommendations for SFU
- Recognizing and rewarding community engagement at Simon Fraser University: Tools to identify, document, measure and support community engagement in research, teaching and service activities
- Community and civic engagement for students at Simon Fraser University: Considerations for the university administration, faculty support, and curriculum offerings