Professor, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA, 2003
M.S., Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA, 2002
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA, 2000
B.Sc.Eng., Electronic Engineering, University of Natal, South Africa, 1998
- Signal processing and machine learning
- Multimedia ergonomics and analytics
- Computational sustainability
- Signal processing and communications
- Information theory
- Deep Learning
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 424 Multimedia Communications Engineering
- ENSC 802 Stochastic Systems
- ENSC 808 Information Theory
Selected recent publications
- C.-H. Kwak and I. V. Bajić, “Online MoCap data coding with bit allocation, rate control, and motion-adaptive post-processing,” IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1127-1141, Jun. 2017.
- H. Khalilian, I. V. Bajić, and R. G. Vaughan, “A simulation study of a 3D sound field reproduction system for immersive communication,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 980-995, May 2017.
- V. A. Mateescu and I. V. Bajić, “Visual attention retargeting,” IEEE MultiMedia, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 82-91, Jan.-Mar. 2016.