Professor, School of Engineering Science
Graduate Program Committee Chair
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Queen's University, Canada, 1985
B.Eng., Electrical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 1981
- Wireless communications theory, signal processing for wireless communications
- Modulation and detection techniques
- Cooperative transmission
- Space-time coding
- Non-coherent sequence detection
- Channel estimation
- Linear Systems
- Analog and Digital Communications
- Digital Signal Processing
- Probability and Random Processes
Selected recent publications
- Q. Yang and P. Ho, “Cooperative Transmissions with Constant Envelope Modulations and Phase-Only Forward Relays”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 114-128, Jan 2011.
- S. Muhaidat, J.K. Cavers, and P. Ho, “Transparent Amplify-and-Forward Relaying inRelay Channels", IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 3144-3154, Oct 2010.
- P. Ho, R. Kwan, and X. Wang, “Impact of Non-identical Branches on the Switching Rate of Generalized Selection Combining in Rayleigh Fading Channels”, IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 2254-2259, June 2009.
- E. Chiu, P. Ho, and J.H. Kim, “Transmit Beamforming with Analog Channel State Information Feedback”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, pp. 878-888, Mar, 2008.
- P. Pun and P. Ho, “Fano Multiple-Symbol Differential Detectors for Differential Unitary Space-Time Modulations”, IEEE Trans. Communications, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 540-550, Mar 2007.
Please visit www.ensc.sfu.ca/~paul/ for more information.