Professor Emeritus, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1972
B.Sc. in Mathematics, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1967
- Low-power CMOS arithmetic and Static Random Access Memory circuits
- VLSI Systems-on-Chip (e.g. embedded computers, parallel computer systems)
- CMOS VLSI Systems
- Digital Circuits and Systems
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 450, VLSI Systems Design
Selected recent publications
- "Power and Area Efficient 5T-SRAM with Improved Performance for Low-Power SoC in 65nm CMOS", Hooman Jarollahi, and Richard F. Hobson, Proceedings, Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, MWSCAS 2010, Seattle, Aug. 1-4, pp 121-124.
- "A Low-Power, Pulsed Domino CMOS 64-bit Adder", R.F. Hobson, Proceedings, Intl. Conf. on Comp. Design, Worldcomp/CDES 2010, Las Vegas, July 12-15, pp 55-60.