Engineering Science at SFU is a program that targets a stronger science training than traditional Engineering programs, combined with a higher hands on experience component. We focus on 5 high technology engineering areas: Electronics, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Physics and Biomedical engineering. Part of hand on experience is a mandatory coop program, one of the few in Canada, that means our students enter industry with substantial on the job work experience. We also focus on bringing Engineering concepts to the wider university, and general public, through courses teaching to non-Engineers with our Technology Experience (TEKX) courses.
**only eligible for students outside of ENSC**
INTRODUCTION TO 3D PRINTING AND LASER SCANNING TECHNOLOGIES
This courses will focus on providing the background and skill set to use additive manufacturing (3D printing) and laser scanning technologies but is geared towards users that do not have the traditional mathematics, engineering or technical education for industrial users.
- Engineering alumna Sharlene Carslon featured as part of #30YearsLater30Engineers campaign
- SFU celebrates the life of Steve Whitmore
- SFU engineering students devise smart solutions for ACL injuries
- Engineering science summer research intern develops super power—learns to see through skin
- Engineering, computing researchers receive funding for flexible solar cells and big data computing