Engineering Science at SFU is a program that targets a stronger science training than traditional Engineering programs, combined with a higher hands on experience component. We focus on 5 high technology engineering areas: Electronics, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Physics and Biomedical engineering. Part of hand on experience is a mandatory coop program, one of the few in Canada, that means our students enter industry with substantial on the job work experience. We also focus on bringing Engineering concepts to the wider university, and general public, through courses teaching to non-Engineers with our Technology Experience (TEKX) courses.
TEKX 101 (WQB course)
**only eligible for students outside of ENSC**
- The SFU connection to the James Webb Space Telescope
- In memory of Tom Calvert, professor emeritus
- Dr. Faisal Beg was PI on a MSFHR commercialization award for AI systems to measure body composition form routine CT scans
- Dr. Bonnie Gray is part of an NRC-IRAP for $300K to support a BC company Metabolic Insights in modify its device technology to detect Covid-19 in Siliva
- Four ENSC faculty, Drs Faisal Beg, Ivan Bajic, Jie Liang and Marinko Sarunic received a CFI-JELF $500K award to build a AI Engineering and Visualization Lab