Engineering Science at SFU is a program that targets a stronger science training than traditional Engineering programs, combined with a higher hands on experience component. We focus on 5 high technology engineering areas: Electronics, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Physics and Biomedical engineering. Part of hand on experience is a mandatory coop program, one of the few in Canada, that means our students enter industry with substantial on the job work experience. We also focus on bringing Engineering concepts to the wider university, and general public, through courses teaching to non-Engineers with our Technology Experience (TEKX) courses.
TEKX 101 (WQB course)
**only eligible for students outside of ENSC**
- Meet our October 2022 Graduands
- Engineering science researcher receives Michael Smith Health Research BC 2022 Scholar award
- SFU engineering students create technology to optimize brace design to help children with scoliosis
- Combining genetics and brain MRI can aid in predicting chances of Alzheimer’s disease
- SFU professor Jie Liang Elected as Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering