- News & Events
- Current undergraduates
- Current Undergraduates
- ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Advising & Student Resources
- Scholarships and Awards
- Careers and Co-op
- Student Profiles & Life
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
- Tackling Environmental Problems
- Spring 2020
- Spring 2021
- Spring 2022
- Prospective Students
The Research Assistants (3) will work with post-doctoral fellows in the River Dynamics Laboratory on the following:
- Cleaning riverbed bathymetry data from the Fraser Canyon, characterizing/analyzing riverbed morphology and hydraulics, and producing publication-quality maps.
- Processing video footage to create velocity maps at select points along the Fraser Canyon.
- Mapping/interpretation of geomorphic/sediment data along the Fraser Canyon from topographic data, drone models, and aerial imagery.
- Data management, organization, and archiving, and assisting in the preparation of preliminary data reports.
All positions will provide experience with Geographic Information Systems, 3D topographic models and interpretation of landscape features, image and flow analysis, and management of large datasets.
*Preference will be given to undergraduate students enrolled in a natural science degree (e.g., Environmental Science, Physical Geography, Earth Sciences).
Application Deadline: Friday, March 31st, 2023
Timeframe: May - August, 2023 ~ 35 hours/week
To Apply: Please send your resume and unofficial transcript to Erin Seagren via email at email@example.com. Please include "Research Assistant Application" in the subject.