News and Events
- Faculty of Environment’s poster student graduates this spring
- Cancelled Event Becomes Virtual Showcase
- Environmental Science Student Research Showcase
- Combining Passion with Purpose
- Info Session - Master's Opportunities at Duke University
- Global Climate Strike
- Welcome Dr. Shawn Chartrand
- Q&A with Director
- Dr. Margaret Schmidt
- Summer 2019 Convocation
- CFI Funding: $270,000 for Research in River Systems
- Feb 6 2019 TownHall
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
Global Climate Strike
On September 20, 2019, youth leaders and millions of students worldwide participated in a Global Climate Strike to bring awareness to the need for quick and impactful action by governments and politicians in the growing climate crisis. The strikes have continued through sustained global action throughout the week and will be taking place in various locations around Vancouver this week, on Friday September 27th.
As per the SFU’s President’s Statement on Global Climate Strike activities, the university will maintain regular operations. If you wish to participate in the global climate strike accommodations will be made. Please contact your instructors about options to make up missed course work that might be scheduled at that time.
For further information about Vancouver events related to the Global Climate Strike, you might be interested in the following:
· A Sign-Making Party will be hosted by Embark Sustainability in the SFPIRG lounge in the SFU Burnaby Rotunda on Wednesday September 25th, with supplies provided.
· SFU’s Climate Strike is a student run event led by Embark Sustainability, SFU350, ChangeSFU, and Sustainabiliteens. They will be joining the Global Climate Strike meeting on Friday September 27th at 12.30pm at Broadway City Hall, Canada Line Station. They will make their way to City Hall by 1pm and continue their march across the Cambie Street Bridge into downtown Vancouver and towards the Vancouver Public Library where speeches and activities will commence.