News and Events
- CityStudio People's Choice Award- EVSC 400
- Applied Biology Accreditation Announcement
- YouTube Channel Announcement
- EVSC 400 Capstone Presentations Zoom Event
- Welcome Dr. Chelsea Little
- Ruth Joy and fellow researchers aim to use artificial intelligence to save endangered whales in B.C.
- Maclean's Ranking 2020
- Tesicca Truong, BSc '18 battles for a voice at the BC legislature
- It's raining...plastic?
- Dr. Brendan Murphy joins new School of Environmental Science
- Faculty of Environment’s poster student graduates this spring
- Cancelled Event Becomes Virtual Showcase
- Environmental Science Student Research Showcase
- Combining Passion with Purpose
- Info Session - Master's Opportunities at Duke University
- Global Climate Strike
- Welcome Dr. Shawn Chartrand
- Q&A with Director
- Dr. Margaret Schmidt
- Summer 2019 Convocation
- CFI Funding: $270,000 for Research in River Systems
- Feb 6 2019 TownHall
- Celeste Landon
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
- Watershed Ecology Course Blog
CFI Funding: $270,000 to Support Research of River Systems
Congratulations to Jeremy Venditti, Director of School of Environmental Science and Professor in Geography, for being awarded $270,000 from the Canada Foundation of Innovation (CFI)’s John R. Evans Leaders Fund.
The grant, “High Resolution Measurement and River Dynamics” will be used towards new equipment that will further the study of River Systems.
The Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minster of Science and Sport, recognized three SFU researchers who were awarded from this fund on March 15, 2019. SFU News featured Dylan Cooke, Faculty of Science, Ralph Pantophlet, Faculty of Health Science, and Jeremy Venditti.